Around 100 attend open house for Jardin Éducatif
Article published on 10 August 2022
logo imprimer
Noter cet article :
0 vote

Roughly 100 people attended the annual barbeque hosted by the Jardin Éducatif du Pontiac yesterday (August 9). CHIP 101.9 spoke with the garden’s director Martin Riopel about what they had been up to over the summer.

Riopel pointed to some of the changes that they had made to the grounds this year, including expanding the garden and adding shelters and a garage. He added that they were planning to add gravel to the parking lot in the future.

He said that while Pontiac MNA André Fortin wasn’t able to attend in person, he did end up making a $5,000 donation to the program.

The full interview with Riopel (6m55) is available here.

Les Nouvelles du Pontiac

Hydro Quebec warning of significant delays for residential, commercial hookups

27 September 2022

Hydro Quebec is advising customers that they are facing significant delays in connecting both residential and commercial customers to the grid, mainly due to high demand. Alain Paquette, Hydro Quebec's community relations officer for the Outaouais region, added that with the heavy storms (...)

lire la suite

Ladysmith Oktoberfest returning this weekend

27 September 2022

For the first time since 2019, the village of Ladysmith will be hosting their traditional Oktoberfest celebration on Friday and Saturday this weekend (September 30 and October 1). First established in 1985, Oktoberfest Ladysmith typically brings out hundreds of people to celebrate the region's (...)

lire la suite

CISSSO announces pilot project to source food locally

26 September 2022

Regional health authority CISSSO invited local media to a press conference this morning to announce a new pilot project that they've started with several partners, which focuses on purchasingo local produce and food products from suppliers in the Pontiac. Joanne Dubois, a food service (...)

lire la suite

Interprovincial bridge closed four nights next week

26 September 2022

Ontario Power Generation is advising motorists that the interprovincial bridge near the Chenaux Generating Station in Portage-du-Fort will be closed overnight for most of next week for upgrades. The bridge will be closed between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. on the following dates: Oct. 3, 4, 5 & 6 Oct. (...)

lire la suite

New murder trial for Johan Mitchell Blake MacLennan set for November

26 September 2022

The new trial of a Fort-Coulonge man accused of killing Harold Plugowsky on September 2, 2020 is set to begin in November and last six weeks, according to information obtained by CHIP 101.9. Johan Mitchell Blake MacLennan, who was 37 at the time, is accused of first-degree murder in the death (...)

lire la suite

André Fortin seeking solutions to dentist office closure in Shawville

23 September 2022

The Clareo dental clinic in Shawville announced earlier this month that they would be shutting their doors on Thursday September 29. In an interview, outgoing Pontiac MNA André Fortin said that while dentistry isn't a provincial file, he met with the staff at the clinic and is seeking a solution (...)

lire la suite


Advertising