Updated
Outbreak at Dr. Wilbert Keon in Chapeau: elementary school closed till November 26
Article published on 17 November 2021
logo imprimer
Noter cet article :
0 vote

This story has been updated from a previous version at 11:00 a.m. 11/17
Dr. Wilbert Keon Elementary School in Chapeau will close its doors, starting today (November 17) until November 26 due to an ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. The news was announced yesterday in a letter published by Principal Neil Fleming on behalf of the Western Quebec School Board. Fleming said that the decision to close was put forth by himself and WQSB Director General Mike Dubeau and agreed upon by public health officials.

CHIP 101.9 has reached out to Dubeau for additional details.

The letter notes that the high school section will remain open with extra precautions in place because there are no cases at that level and the majority of students are protected. They will be required to wear masks in class until further notice.

Public health authorities told CHIP 101.9 in an email that as of November 17, there had been 14 cases among elementary students since November 6. They also state that they are monitoring all cases and close contacts of cases.

The Public Health Department would like to remind the population that in the event of the presence of symptoms related to COVID-19, it is important for those concerned to isolate themselves immediately and to take a screening test, without an appointment, at the walk-in clinic at the Mansfield-et-Pontefract multiservice center located at 160, chemin de la Chute, open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Monday to Friday.

Today, parents will be able to pick up Chromebooks between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Distance learning activities will commence on November 18.

There will be two days for a full screening of the whole school, on November 18 and 25 parents can pick up testing kits, as well as work and materials between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.. The drop-off will be the following days (the 19 and 26) between 7 and 8:30 a.m. Parents or legal guardians must drop off the test.

Les Nouvelles du Pontiac

Situation at CHSLD Manoir Sacré-Coeur: 75% residents infected

18 January 2022

The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l'Outaouais gave a brief update today on the outbreak at CHSLD Manoir Sacré-Cœur in Mansfield. As of today, 30 of the long term care facility's 40 residents have contracted the virus, up from the 21 infections reported on Friday. CISSSO (...)

lire la suite

Outaouais hospitalizations still on the rise

18 January 2022

The number of hospitalizations due to COVID-19 in the Outaouais is on the rise. After 128 hospitalizations were recorded on Friday, the number rose to 145 Monday, with five of those cases in intensive care. Unlike the situation last fall, hospitalizations seem to be the more useful metric as (...)

lire la suite

Fort-Coulonge homicide case moves forward

18 January 2022

A Fort-Coulonge homicide case continues to wind its way through the court system, as a preliminary inquiry was held last week. A preliminary inquiry is used in serious cases to determine whether evidence is sufficient to proceed to a trial. Police were called to a residence on rue Principale (...)

lire la suite

Winter storm warning for the Pontiac

17 January 2022

Environment Canada has issued a winter storm warning for the Pontiac this Monday January 17. The tempest will dump between 15 and 25 cm of snow on the region today. Combined with blowing wind, visibility is limited. “Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become (...)

lire la suite

Nouvelle traduction : Message from Warden Jane Toller

15 January 2022

Premier François Legault announced that the return to school for our children will be going ahead on Monday, January 17th as planned and the curfew will also be lifted that same day. The measure requiring the closing of non-essential businesses on Sundays will also end after Sunday, January (...)

lire la suite

The installation of lighting equipment for the Félix-Gabriel-Marchand bridge begins January 17

14 January 2022

The installation of lighting equipment on the Félix-Gabriel Marchand Bridge in Mansfield will begin this Monday (January 17). The work will cause the bridge to close to traffic temporarily, until January 21. Phare Ouest, the organization behind the lighting project, will be holding an official (...)

lire la suite


Advertising